Friday, December 2, 2011

Mega Man 08

Just a quick look at this month's issue of Mega Man, from Archie Comics, that I colored.

I remember this one having a rough deadline towards the end... My wife works as a teacher's aide in the Special Education department of an elementary school. The school's in a bit of a rough neighborhood - pretty poor area with lots of wild and abandoned dogs. She fairly routinely stops and tries to rescue these dogs, and about five days before this issue was due she at last successfully coaxed a brown-coated, one-year-old-or-so Viszla puppy to come home with her.

Having never rescued a dog off the streets, we really thought it was as easy as dropping her off at one of the many rescue groups in the Houston area. I lost about two days of scheduled work trying to find a place for our girl to no avail. Houston has a tremendous problem with strays. At this point, we were way too attached to even consider the possibility of leaving her at a kill-shelter to be euthanized within 72 hours, so we reached out to Friends for Life in the Heights.

We're now the proud fosters of Holley - named for my wife's elementary school. If you're in the Houston area and looking for an animal to adopt - or are interested in fostering yourself - I highly recommend Friends for Life. They've been wonderful to us!

And now, on to the preview...




MEGA MAN #8
"Time Keeps Slipping" Part Four: The finale to Mega Man's newest adventure! Dr. Wily has captured Roll and turned the eight Robot Masters against Mega Man! Can the blue bomber and Federal agent Roslyn Krantz turn the tides, save Roll, and bring down Dr. Wily for good? Don't miss this thrilling conclusion! ?
Script: Ian Flynn
Art: Chad Thomas
Cover by Patrick "Spaz" Spaziante
Shipping Date: 11/23/11
On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 12/7/11
On Sale on Newsstands: 12/13/11
32-page, full color comic
$2.99 US
Just one more bit of commentary... I really dig how dark this issue is! It all takes place at night/in a dark warehouse. I really appreciate that I'm known for bright, vibrant colors but I also have tried hard - especially this last year - to do some darker-toned stuff. Expand my horizons, so to speak. This ish is one of my faves!

No comments:

Post a Comment