8+ years experience as a full-time freelance illustrator and digital comic book colorist. Unique expertise working largely with licensed properties to maintain brand consistency across various multimedia including comics, toys, and video games.
To produce engaging, entertaining, and colorful comics and multimedia for all-ages
Archie Comic Publications, Inc.
October 2007 - Current
- Provided digital coloring and/or illustration for full-length comic books, shorts, concept artwork, covers and original graphic novels.
- Met a regular, monthly schedule for publication as both penciler and colorist.
- Assisted with problem-solving and special tasks, including pencil/ink/lettering/color corrections and separations.
- Lead colorist for company's licensed books, Sonic the Hedgehog (#199-Current), Sonic Universe (#46 - Current) and Mega Man (#1 - Current), working with editors to maintain brand consistency per licensor approval.
- Colorist for Archie Babies, company's first 100% original graphic novel.
- Colorist for Red Circle properties, including superheroes The New Crusaders.
- Concept art color for Governator multimedia project.
July 2008 - Current
- Provided proposed packaging and style test illustrations for company brands, including "Transformers" and "Marvel Super Hero Squad"
January 2008-October 2008, August 2010-Current
- Provided dramatic re-imagined and recreated illustrations and in-game graphics for updated, remastered iPod/iPhone/iPad versions of interactive software on a timely schedule.
- Worked to maintain consistency with the original source material per licensor approval.
- In-game graphics included pixel artwork and animation, hand-drawn illustrations and fully animated cut-scenes.
- Games worked on include Vay and Lunar: Silver Star Story Touch for iOS.
Salt Lake City, UT
August 2006 - February 2009
- Provided a routinely updated, self-created webcomic "Sticky Floors" for the popular webcomic website Snafu-Comics.com
- Assisted with company planning, special projects, and tasks.
- Represented the company publicly around the country at conventions, typically 2,000+ in attendance.
- Level Up Studios (Albany, NY) - Sketch illustrations and concepts for T-Shirts
- Planet Zero (Houston, TX) - Character and mascot design for company's "Anime Matsuri" convention. Concept, promotional, and interactive artwork for event website.
- Angry Viking Press (Boston, MA) - Digital color for The Extinctioners comic book.
- Original Artwork featured in PiQ Magazine Issue 04 (July 2008)
- Artwork from Mega Man #1 (colors) featured in Nintendo Power Magazine Issue 266 (April 2011)
- Artwork from Governator (colors) featured in Entertainment Weekly magazine issue 1149 (April 8, 2011) and on EW.com
- Artwork from Sonic the Hedgehog #226 (colors) featured in Nintendo Power Magazine Issue 268 (June 2011)
- Invited guest of 15 anime and comic book conventions since 2007.