Saturday, January 26, 2013

Catching Up on Covers: Mega Man

Yikes! Happy new year, guys! It's been awhile, huh? The last quarter of 2012 went by in a real blur, so it looks like I've got some catching up to do! How about some cover colors for the Blue Bomber?
Cover to Mega Man #21, drawn by Chad Thomas and inked by Gary Martin. So much fun! Mega Man's pose is actually based on the Japanese box art to the Playstation port of Mega Man 2, by the way, and we tried to do a loose recreation of that rendering style, too. MM's face underwent a little bit of re-draw in the final cover - which you can check at your local comic book store now!
Cover to Mega Man #22, drawn by Jamal Peppers with inks by Gary. I think this art is currently being used for in-book ads for the series, too. Colored this one before #21's cover, I believe. 
Favorite cover ever on Mega Man. Cover to Mega Man #23. Holy crap, this one is awesome. Drawn by Jamal with inks by Rick Bryant, I was so excited to get this one in my queue. Very proud of how this one came together, and I also got to do some edits to the logo (not pictured) to match the shatter effect in the glass!
The "Evil Friends Forever" variant cover for Mega Man #25, drawn by Jamal and inked by Jim Amash. I just about did a spit-take when this one popped up in my inbox, I laughed so hard. I just handed in colors on the second part of the Sonic/Mega Man crossover, in fact. This crossover is gonna' be so much fun! Be sure to pick it up - starting in Mega Man #24 in the Spring!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment